Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 6, 2008

New Poll

Most Christians, even if they are not theologically trained intuitively make decisions about Jesus’ words and commands – as to whether to interpret certain sayings figuratively or literally. For example, few modern day Christian wish to take Mark 9:47 literally! Jesus said, "If your eye causes you to stumble, throw it out; it is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, than, having two eyes, to be cast into hell." Yet, when Jesus taught us to pray - “Our Father who art in heaven …” his command is taken literally. We pray the “Our Father” as we are told.

Today, scroll down and you will see a new poll is launched for your response. What do you think? Should Jesus be taken literally or figuratively when in Matthew 25:35-40 he said at the final Judgment we will be judged by - "For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me… I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."?
______

VOTE -Scroll down & vote in the polls.

SUBSCRIBE -Subscribe! top, right column.

INVITE -Invite friends and family to Subscribe! http://www.homelessinamerica.blogspot.com/

No comments: