Total Pageviews

Friday, March 14, 2008

Is it Me, or is it a Hopeless Cause?

Six months ago, HIA set out to poll readers about who is responsible for serving the needs of the homeless in American cities. The poll has closed and the question and its results are summarized below:

1. Who is ultimately responsible for serving the needs of the homeless in American Cities? (58 Respondents)

The Government: Our leaders, agencies, taxes, etc. – 11 votes or 18%.

The Church: Our pastors, deacons, outreaches, missions, etc. - 4 votes or 6%.

Myself: I can volunteer, give alms, get involved, fund raise, etc. - 40 votes or 68%.

No one: It’s a hopeless cause - 3 votes or 5%.

Today, scroll down and you will see a new poll is launched for your response. What do you think? Should Jesus be taken literally or figuratively when in Matthew 25:35-40 he said at the final Judgment we will be judged by - "For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me… I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."?

______

VOTE -Scroll down & vote in the polls.

SUBSCRIBE! -Top, right column.

POST - Prayers, Mondays - Praise, Tuesdays.

INVITE - Friends and family to Subscribe!

http://www.homelessinamerica.blogspot.com/

No comments: